This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Gifted products will be noted as such.
This week I am jetting off to Tulum, Mexico for a little tropical getaway. I am so excited to explore a new beach town and eat so many tacos. Tulum is known for its bohemian vibes, excellent jungle-esque restaurants, and beautiful beaches. I just couldn’t wait to get packing and lay out my outfits for all the fun in the sun.
I am always on the lookout for a helpful packing guide and hopefully this becomes your go-to list for vacation preparation. There’s nothing better than list-making (for me anyway) so I figured I would do the heavy-lifting and give you a list of all of your beach essentials. Don’t leave home without ’em 😉 I’ve included a downloadable pdf of my comprehensive packing list below to print for your next packing crisis!
Beach Vacation Essentials Packing List
- Comfy & chic sneaks for the cold plane to keep those toesies warm
- A Carry on Cocktail Kit for being the most prepared person on the plane to kick off vacation (Thanks, Cam!)
- New tunes downloaded on your Spotify app in case you don’t have access to wifi.
- A fun summer beach read that makes you forget your job (my recent reads: A Fine Imitation & Rules of Civility)
- Bug spray and sunscreen to protect yoself before you wreck yoself. Do people still say that?
- Sunnies…aka sunglasses
- A big-brimmed straw hat for face protection and photo opps
- Face wipes for sweat and makeup removal to transition from the beach to lunch or an afternoon activity
- A bold print bathing suit for a strong Instagram game. And a bunch of others so you can have a dry suit for a late night hot tub dip and not have to get back into your sandy beach suit. The Cutest Suit.
- A Turkish towel for wearing as a wrap on the beach or drying off. This one is gorgeous!
- Shell collector bag. Cause ya can’t leave the pretty ones behind!
- Easy dresses for biking around town. Way better than shorts that are too restrictive in the heat.
- Flat leather sandals for getting around, but staying fashion forward (no plastic shower shoes for me!)
- Light and breezy dresses or big gauzy linen pants for cool dinner attire. This dress is coming with me.
- Neutral wedges, instead of heels, for walking on sand and avoiding blisters (they are even worse in the heat and sand!) I’m bringing these and these to Tulum.
- A scarf or wrap for cool breezy nights
- An easy clutch to grab-and-go for dinner. Splurge. Bargain.
- Tassel earrings for island vibes all day. Love. Double Love.
- Light and comfy pajamas in case you don’t have air conditioning. I’m a sucker for a matching set.
- A camera to capture all the memories. Or up your iPhone storage if you are always running out of space.
- A peaceful mindset for much needed R&R. Maybe throw in some workout gear for beach yoga.
- Your passport!
What books did you read on the beach this summer? I need some new picks for my trip. What are your beach vacation essentials? Summer is not over yet so I hope you can use this list for a last minute getaway! ….Now let’s get outta here!
Download my list here: JoJo’s Beach Vacation Essentials Packing List
p.s. Bonus Pro Tip: If you’re leaving the country or traveling far, don’t forget to call your bank and let them know your travel dates so they don’t freeze your card and spoil the fun!